Paying For Your DStv in RTGS Dollars
With the current confusion around currencies in Zimbabwe, it’s not easy to pay for your DStv to Multichoice. If you don’t have USD in your hands in Zimbabwe and you don’t have relatives in South Africa who can make payment for you, you may go without your favourite entertainment. Not anymore. You can now simply pay in RTGS$ using the Techzim Market App.
How do you pay in RTGS Dollars?
To pay for your DStv in RTGS dollars follow these simple steps:
- If you don’t have the Techzim Market App already, download it here. (Only for Android)
- Open the app and click on DStv from the home screen
- Select the package you want (for example Compact) and if you want PVR or Xtraview too, select that too where it says ‘Addon’
- Enter the SmartCard number for your DStv (SmartCard number not account number)
- Enter the surname of the DStv Account Holder
- Enter your WhatsApp number so we can notify you when your DStv is now online
- Select the bank you will use to do a ZIPIT payment
- Click Buy
- Confirm the ZIPIT payment by entering your ZIPIT PIN
- After verifying your transaction, we will credit your account at the times given below and notify you via WhatsApp.
How much do you pay?
Currently, we are using a USD to RTGS rate of 22. Our transaction fee is RTGS$40.00 only. Below is a table showing how we calculate what you pay for each package:
|Bouquet||USD Price||In RTGS||Processing Fee (RTGS)||Total You Pay|
|Xtra View (Add on)||US$11.00||$242.00||$40.00||$282.00|
|PVR (Add on)||US$11.00||$242.00||$40.00||$282.00|
How long does it take till your account is activated?
- If you pay before 09:30 your account will be credited by 10:00
- If you pay between 09:30 and 12:30 it will be credited by 13:00
- If you pay between 12:30 and 3:30 it will be credited by 16:00
- If you pay after 15:30 it will be credited by 10:00 the next day
All the above are during the work week, Monday to Friday